Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas 2008








We had such a wonderful Christmas. Santa (and Grandpa & Grandma) were very good to us. The kids stayed in their pj's and had raggedy hair all day long. The girls loved their Baby Annabell dolls and David loved the candy. He was covered in it all day long! It's a good thing Holiday's have a little space in between them. My girls really seemed to understand the true meaning of Christmas a little more this year despite all of the fun gifts. We had a Little People nativity set out at our house and the kids played with it non-stop. They were so concerned about baby Jesus. They had some of their little friends babysit the nativity set for us while we were gone. They talked about how nice it was to know that they would take good care of it while we were gone. Shayla spent most of her time playing with my mom's nativity sets. They weren't as durable as ours so I hope they survived her many hours of play. I am so grateful for this amazing season of giving that helps us remember the greatest gift of all!

2 comments:

Grandma Maxine said...

Looks like Santa was kind this year

Lexie said...

So glad that your holidays were so fun. What a blast! I like that they write thank yous to Santa on Christmas Eve - great idea! I love the picture of the three little girls lying down in matching clothes, how fun to be with cousins!